Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

That certain part.....

The other night I once again dozed off on my couch with the TV on to awaken at some point to the endless, mindless drone of infomercials.
Now usually I would have just hit the switch and crawled away to the relatively improved comfort of my bed, but no - call it a moon-phase thing, or perhaps a little too much coffee at work - I actually caught myself watching one.

And a bad one, at that.

Perhaps you've seen it (or not):
The mood is upbeat, the people being interviewed are overly cheerful and present glowing reviews of the product; Then, as lively music is played in a world of prepetual sunshine, an attractive woman and a doctor ( oh, yeah, he must be doctor, he's wearing a labcoat and a stethascope!) present a new wonder pill that, despite all it's hype and fanfare is only described as being certain to (ahem, direct quote here!) "increase the size of a certain part of the male anatomy" .
Ok, I know I was half asleep, but somewhere in my little brain, a neuron sparked and I suddenly found myself wondering: Which part?
Yeah, sure.... they must have been talking about the euphamism.
But it got me wondering.
Could this just be a clever marketing scheme disguised in double-speak?
I, mean..... Hamburgers, turkey sandwiches and pot roast are certain to increase the size of a certain part of the male anatomy ( otherwise I wouldn't be paying for a gym membership, for crying out loud!).
Why, a sugar pill would certainly do that for sure, especially if some desperate fellow with miniscule self-esteem were to pop 'em like candy (Why not? After all, they say it's "safe and all-natural").
Dunno for sure.
Not really wanting to find out.
One thing is certain though: Tonight I'm gonna try falling asleep to the radio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home