Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Oh snap! I gotta do something about this! But what?

.......Another unseen peril of self-employment jumps up and bites me on my narrow white ass.

After another failed attempt to get a "regular job" today, I frustratedly asked the interviewer what qualities of my experience and education prevented me from qualifying. And in an unseen bout of H.R. honesty; Instead of the usual, "You're just not the candidate we had in mind, sir.", I got a real answer, and not just an apologenic one, but one that makes sense:

"Your work history indicates you are currently self-employed."

It has finally come to my attentions that nothing scares the ever-livin' s#!t out of a prospective employer like the idea of hiring on, training, and placing a guy in charge of stuff that might just abscond with your customers and expensive knowlege for his own business. Why didn't I think of that!?!!!???

And to make matters worse, I put some of my current clients down as "professional references"!
Imagine how it looks when the former manager of a now-defunct company's references are contacted, only to explain that I was the one that originally negotiated the contracts with said defunct company!

Now I've got's problems, 'cause without those references, and the last 6 months proof of occupation, I stand just as little chance of looking good on paper. Especially since the owner of the last business I worked for (and that was for a period of 9 years, mind you!) cannot be contacted becuase he has left the country for Iran..... of all places.

Dammit anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Solderjunkie said...

Aw heck, I'll surely find a way around this mess too, after all they did say I'm a "devious rat- bastard"......I just gotta make with the deviosity!
Moo....ah..ha..ha!

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home