Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And I bought 3 pairs of khaki pants.... For this!

Perhaps next time I should tell them that I'm uneducated, inexperienced....... and retarded!

I know that I haven't blogged in a while so let me catch you up:


A little over a week ago, I found a posting for a job with a national company that services office copiers. Yeah, I'll admit that it was a little below my skill level, but what the heck? An 8-5 workday, 401k, Medical, dental, optical insurance and a 32k starting salary with my weekends free? Hell yeah! No headaches, little paperwork, nothing exorbitantly complicated to do;
Just sit at home waiting for trouble calls to come in on a Blackberry, and come in to the home office once a week for your paycheck, continuing training and a refresh of your stock of parts.

So I interviewed, took the pre-employment tests, handed over some credentials and filled out an application.

The manager reviewed my stuff, called me in for another interview (just to be sure) and...... yee-ha, told me to come in Monday to start work.

Long story short, I went to work all bright eyed and bushy tailed and began my orientation......
only to be called into the office 1/2 way through my first day and told sheepishly by the manager that had been so eager to hire me that he had jumped the gun by starting me in expectation of approval by higher ups. Corporate HR had called and told him to put a "hold" on my employment due to "overqualification"!

At least he said he'll "do his best and call me before the end of the week".

meh........ wearing khakis eveyday would have probably given me worms anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home