Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Another day, another application, and a scehuled interview

I spent the day today snowstorming various companies with resumes and generally trying my best to look nerdy enough to fit the roles for which they say I'm qualifried.......

.....long story short, not much of a challenge.

Promising leads include a copy machine company (interview sheduled). For the absolute joy of servicing copiers these happy fellows are willing to offer a starting salary in the mid 30's, a generous 401k (matching .75 cents to every dollar contributed), one week of vacation time, an 8-5 five day workweek; and health/optical/dental insurance. Oh, yeah, and I get a Blackberry too!

But there's a catch......... I gotta use my own car to run the calls and 38 cents/mile just doesn't sound peachy these days.

Other leads include:
Broadcast TV Engineer
Automated chicken processor repairman (I'm not so hot on this one)
Audiovisual system installer (requires travel)
2-way radio installer
Automated Communications and Tower Maintenance (Awsome pay, but I'd be the lucky S.O.B that gets to change the blinky red light on top, and that's scary folks.....real scary)

Nevertheless, my spirits are uplifted and I feel better already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home