Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Amazing Grace......

Was blind but now I see.....

After more than a week of relative blindness punctuated with brief periods of nearly nausiating eyestrain induced headaches from a 12 year old pair of specticals, I have finally recieved my replacement eyeball enhancers returning me to the realm of the sighted... for the most part.


Now I can get about to the serious business of doing things that require visual acuity!

First and formost being the legwork portion of job-hunting.
"But wait, I thought you were self-employed! What about your business dreams?" you say.

Long story short.........SCREW THAT! The stress and uncertainty are killing me!

For the last 6 months I've spent every waking (and non-waking) moment:
-obsessing about the gov. required paperwork (taxes...... taxes, and more taxes, better dot those I's and cross those T's buddy..... the little guys are the one's that get reamed for looking like crack dealers in good times or evaders in the bad ones)
-paying out-of-pocket for healthcare or going without (Insurance is 'spensive)
-freaking out on days when there is nothing to do but freak out.... as there is no pay unless something is getting done.
-pinching pennies as though I may never see money again (ok, Balogna and cheese do go well with ramen noodle soup...... I admit)
-pestering potential clients like a 5 Points crackhead lookin' for spare change.
-thinking "Ouch! my aching credit!" (Due to the great number of small businesses that go bankrupt in the first 5 years of operation, proof of income is given as the average net of a 5 year span of operation, "5 months" gets you a snicker......5 months with a business plan gets you a smile, the promise of some butt whomping intrest and another fixed expense to go with your variable income.....yikes!)
-Handing constant fear that the clients that you have will drop you like a hot tater, or simply cancel scheduled work in leu of a larger company with better facilities and the customer base to undersell you and take a loss just to hook your client...... bastards!
-Dealing with the morbid thought that if I have an accident, fall off a ladder, get attacked by a pit bull or face some other form of injury that limits or ends my ability to work like a whipped slave, I would be out of business and perhaps facing lawsuits for breach of contract.


So the word now is "get a job, now that you can see who you're shaking hands with"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home