Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Back to work


Following the closure of the shop I quickly discovered a couple of truths:
1) I have what is considered a "unique skill set"
2) I am either: A) Underqualified (having a 10 year old BS in electronic engineering without working professionally in the design field is like having a BS in artistic urination....... sans the ability to collect grant money from the National Endowment for the Arts). B) My experience is mostly undocumented despite my abilities and it would take years of documented work in any one field to reach the level of income I had obtained at my previous job.

So I just went into business for myself........ so far, so good, so nerve wracking.
I have a couple of commercial clients as of now and hope to add more.
Home based commercial repair ain't all bad though I just hope it all works out.


Pictured above is my current place of business. Note my personal assistant, alarm clock, watch-cat Freddy, on the right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zipdot said...

Call my boss, Matt. I told you he had some side projects for ya.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Solderjunkie said...

Zaron, that call is coming, Box, thanks, I just hope all keeps panning out.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home