Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry 1st Christmas Phillip!


I must say that most of my Christmas experiances had left me feeling a little weary at best, and generally frustrated with the family at worst.... Then this little guy came along. Suddenly the notion of high airfares, baggage with a greater sense of adventure than indicated by my tickets, inattentive relatives and dollar store gifts became too insignificant to notice.

Yeah, I still had to wonder how my suitcase wound up in Chicago and why my flight to Tampa had a two hour layover in North Carolina. The annual acting out of the thoroughly rehearsed performance of, "Gee wow, that's a nice pen! Thanks Mom!" with all the sincerity of Shakesperian Drama came too.

But it was all worth it to meet my nephew for the first time....... and I didn't even have to set up the TV jammer, as (as was seemingly never before) we actually interacted as a family: All together and all smiles we worked as a team to constantly entertain this amazing bundle of giggling, slobbering ever inquisitive joy as he and we experianced Christmas in a wonderful new way. We shared stories, we connected and we conversed too!

One day I'll have to thank the little dude, he acomplished something that a wide spectrum frequency shifting ocillator coupled with a 100watt class "A" RF amplifier never could in my wildest dreams! Hope you had a Merry one too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home