Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Monday, November 14, 2005

November.....ah...now this is better!

Getting into the meat of the month now, and what can I say? Things are looking up.

It would seem that the slow season has passed in the world of TV repair. I was able to make a sizable deposit to the company account and make certain that I got the backpay I was so nervously missing (NOT that this will keep me from leaving this place as soon as possible!)

Truck has mysteriously stopped swapping fluids (and I do mean mysteriously)....It could have been packing oil trapped in the water jacket of the engine, or some wierdness of breaking in, but WTF! I didn't need that kind of a scare. In all my years of tinkering with machines I've never seen the like of this being anything less than a grim portent of very bad things, now I'm a bit confused, cautiously relieved, but still confused.

Another relief came in an encounter with Miss H (Remember the strange - and I don't mean to use that term lightly in this case - young lady who showed up on my doorstep with the TV, beer and chihuahua?). She snuck up behind me and did the whole "hands-over-the-eyes-guess-who" routine while I was waiting on payment for a side job. Naturally, I couldn't guess who (and as experience has taught, I knew better than to try). She had vanished, didn't answer calls, heck, she completely disappeared for nearly 4 months...so I was pleased that I was able to see her again unaccompanied by an 800 number and the words "Last seen....". I nodded and smiled amid a flurry of excuses, happy enough to see her alive that I didn't feel a need to bitch her out about the disappearing act. Truth is that I had written her off as a lost cause months ago. One of these days, she'll remember to get her TV back and I might see her again, but for now I can be satisfied in the knowledge that it was not something I said or did and I'm at least 180% better off for listening to my internal voice of reason and not pursuing a relationship with the little pixie!

I hope that this trend continues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home