Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm back, what did I miss?

Gawd! What a month.
I must say that I'm more than happy to see the passing of October. Too much stress:

Family stress- a trip to Indiana that climaxed with a panic attack in full view of my parents (I only have one or two of these a year, just my dumb luck that it would have to hit me then and there, reinforcing my mother's belief that it would be best if I just moved back in with her and Dad).

Job stress - I just may have killed the business with those two days off, been dumping a truckload of resumes and aps off, had to cut my own pay in order to keep the business running in the meantime. A meeting with the accountant, "If you fix my TV I'll forgive the unpaid fee." was not very heartening.

Financial stress- had to take on more side jobs as the business fails; if not for any other reason, to make sure I don't wind up pennyless and homeless if the shop tanks before I get another job.

Truck stress- I just had a new engine put in the damn thing last February, now it's leaking oil into the coolant. Warranty? sure. All I gotta do is bring the engine back to Autozone, and they'll order me a new one (allowing 2-3 weeks for delivery). Then after it's installed I should recieve a check for the mechanic's fee..... in about 3 to 4 weeks after sending the final bill. Question at hand, will I need the $5oo for other things in the 2 months or so that it's tied up in the process?

At least I'm not still married........ and have no children to support!

4 Comments:

Blogger Solderjunkie said...

"The funny thing about life is it winds up killing us all in the end"

3:55 PM  
Blogger Irish Geisha said...

Who's dying? Solderjunkie, now that you have actually gotten the panic attack out of your system you're free to move on and get busy finding a job. It would be a waste to die now.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Zipdot said...

Yeah. You're a faker. You're not dying. In the Tibetan philosophy, Sylvia Plath sense of the word, I know we're all dying. But you're not dying the way Chloe back there is dying. So, you're a tourist. Ok? I've seen you. I saw you at melanoma, I saw you at tuberculosis and I saw you at testicular cancer! I'll expose you.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Solderjunkie said...

Good Grief guys! That's the last time I try to wax philisophical and respond with a quote in response to the comment,"life's a bitch then ......". I am most certainly NOT in the throws of death, nor do I wish to be anytime in the forseeable future, as this would definately hinder plans and aspirations. The point here was that:
1)October sucked! (for me at least, and the reasons why)
2)I am glad that it is over.
3)I am looking for a new job, or business opportunity and doing what I must to make certain that life can go on until one comes to fruition.

Zat's all, nothing more

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home