Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Thank God it's FRIDAY

Another week has passed and there's really not that much to say about what went on that hasn't already been touched on in the blogs that preceeded.

Found an undiscovered CD burner in my pile of computer parts, so I think I'll be adding that to my newfound interest as well. That way when I meet another woman that wants a mix tape I can impress her with something a little more technically savvy looking - the mix CD.

I guess I can understand the desire of some women to find out what kind of music you're into, one's taste in music can say a lot about what you may/may not have in common with a person of the opposite sex. But it still strikes me as overwhelmingly "Highschool" and even a little bit sappy when the request is made. Truth be told I've only complied on one instance and that was 2 years and a marriage ago.

Hmm.....what would I put on a mix disc anyway?
Lemmee see....

1)No Quarter - Led Zepplin
2)Mr Blue Sky - ELO
3)Overkill - Men at Work
4)No Voices in the Sky - Motorhead (yes, Motorhead)
5)Instant Karma - John Lennon
6)Float on - Modest Mouse
7)Gimmee Shelter - Rolling Stones
8)The Way - Fastball
9)First Tube - Phish (yeah, I said "phish")
10)The Boxer - Paul Simon
11)Flashlight - Parlament
12)You Didn't Know me When - Harry Connick Jr
13)Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
14)Merry-Go-Round broke down - The Three Stooges
15)Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini - Rachmoninoff
16)Creature of the Wheel - White Zombie
17)So What - Miles Davis
18)The Ghost of Stephen Foster - Squirrel Nut Zippers
19)You dropped the Bomb on Me - Gap Band
20)Subterrainian Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
...................and many more!

Looking back over the list I just typed, I gotta wonder just what kind of reaction some of those segways would invoke in a listener, but what the heck it is a MIX? isn't it? I'll probably have a completely different list if/when the time should come anyway.

Whatever, I think this is long enough. So I'll bid a fond 'adeu' and post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home