Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yay Auburbama!

As everyone with eyes and ears may already know, this weekend will mark the occurance of perhaps one of the biggest football events Birminghamsters look forward to. Yup....The Iron Bowl. And, as all 8 of the folks that fix TV's in the region know, crunch time!

This is the week that fans all over town, in anticipation of hosting gatherings of friends and rivals, decide that they have gone too long watching the 13" TV perched upon their unreasonably large and long defunct big screen and order frantic (and often fruitless) service calls.

It's also the week that I have to say, "Sorry, but I'm booked solid up to NEXT Friday.","No, I can't get parts for your unit in time." and my favorite, "Last June? I'll try, but I think your time to file a claim with insurance might have expired".

To all the one's that thought of their needs last week:
Kudos, and thank you very much....You've collectively saved my ass!

To anyone waking up and expecting me to magically s#!t a part on the living room floor and stuff it into their sportsbox:
Sorry, thanks for calling!

1 Comments:

Blogger Solderjunkie said...

What? I haven't seen or heard from that guy in over 10 months. Other than a congradulation in his blog comments as to what a good job he'd done of letting himself get pissed off about nothing and a "kind as I could make it" suggestion that he should lighten up on himself and everyone else, I haven't said a thing to him.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home