Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I'm a telecommunications engineer who has recently once again taken a shine to the notion of finding an outlet for his thoughts, and all too frequent encounters with the strange.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Confessional or Bitching Post ?"

"There are some things that when said or shouted, even in anonymity, unburden the soul and allow us a deeper understanding, in retrospect, of what we find important in life"

My Great Uncle Bob (an ex-commando with the demeanor of Mr. Rodgers) once told me that on the base, some distance from the barracks, they had a "bitching post". A single post, set in the ground, painted white and clearly marked as such. The idea being that if anyone found themselves to be a "little out of sorts" or merely wishing to verbally exhibit their frustrations (i.e. "cuss like a sombitch"), there would be a benign outlet for their anger ( kicking the post was also allowed, as it was always someone's duty- namely the last one not to utilize this resource- to keep it whitewashed and upright).

Today as I stand here once again before my computer in my boxer shorts, smoking my Camels and drinking coffee that has been cooking in the pot to the point of having the sweet aroma of burning rubber bands........ the thought entered my head that this tiny drop of noise in the ocean of information known as the internet now has (in theory at least) a door to a wider audience by way of my MySpace link.

And it set me to wondering......... Now that more of my friends can get to it, will they indeed read it? And, if so, will I feel the need to edit myself for content?

No more am I the anonymous "Solderjunkie" to them, if indeed they should somehow serindipitously stumble upon my blog. More importantly; Have I lost my confessional/bitching post?

2 Comments:

Blogger Zipdot said...

There's a good blog name : The Bitching Post

9:31 AM  
Blogger Solderjunkie said...

Someone oughta do it.

Ya know, I think my following post pretty much alayed the fears I expressed in this one.

Didn't mean to scare ya.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home